Updated: Sep 16
I chose to feature my new stamp set - Garden Delight with @rubberstamps_com
Often I find myself intimidated by beautiful floral images. Yes, surprise! I can draw and I am confident about it, but coloring is still something that scares me a bit. So for this image, I wanted to find ways to add color without detailed coloring and this is what I ended up with:
1. Adding washi tapes to create a panel
2. Swiping ink cubes across a panel
3. Adding shapes die-cut from colored cardstock. I did play a little bit more with this base idea. I am sharing two versions here
- in one of them I used hexagons of different sizes while in the other I went with all die cuts having the same size
- in one of them I foam mounted the shapes, in the other flat adhered them. See which one you like better :-)
In all these, I kept the same fall-themed color palette and, the same die-cut ‘hello’ sentiment. For variety, I made one of these a shaped card or added a debossed pattern on the panel.
Here are the cards, I think the steps on each of them are pretty figure-out-able. But in case you have a question, feel free to ask in the comments below.
For your convenience, I am sharing links to the supplies I’ve used or the ones you can use for making similar cards – click on the picture or link to go directly to the product. Wherever available, I have used affiliate links, which means when you make a purchase, I receive a small commission (at no extra cost to you) which I use to run this blog. I truly appreciate your support!