Another shaker card using SSS September 2015 card kit and Stamptember 2015 “My friend” s
Hi there, friends :-) I officially declare Pink + Gold is my favorite favorite favorite combination. At least right now, that is.
Well, I have been seriously under the weather for the last 2-3 days. Sinus infection + ear infection + fever. Three whole days – I really don’t remember where they went. I slept sooo much.
But even with all the icky-coughy-sleepy things in my head, my brain kept dreaming up ideas to make a shaker card. Talk about being crazy!
So, as soon as I was well enough to stay awake for a couple hours, I decided to tackle the card I had on mind. I mainly used the patterned papers from SSS September card kit and My Friend stamp set from their Stamptember release. As usual, I have listed all the supplies at the end of this post.
My sleepy brain did not make this card easy to figure out, but I am listing this steps that would have worked best. Nothing terribly different from what I did, I just had some steps done in a different order.
Here’s how I (wish I had) made this card
1. I made a standard A2 sized card base using Simon Says Stamp Ivory cardstock that came with SSS AUgust 2015 card kit.
2. I cut a patterned paper that is a quarter of an inch smaller on all sides and stamped + heat embossed the sentiment “hi” using the stamp from “My Friend” Stamptember 2015 stamp set. I used Martha Stewart Antique Gold embossing powder. This came with Martha Stewart embossing starter kit. I am sure any fine gold embossing powder would work equally well for this project. Then I used the hexagon die cut from the coordinating dies to cut out the hexagon.
3. I tuned the paper around, and cut out another die cut hexagon adjacent to the first one.
4. I used the two cut area to pencil in their positions on a piece of fun foam and then die cut the foam to match with the cut out in the front panel.
5. Next I created a sandwich by adhering the back of my patterned paper with one of the acetate cards. I had to adjust it diagonally so that I got the pattern on the card to show through my two hexagon cut areas. On top of it, I adhered the foam with the die cut areas lining up.
5.5 At this point I made a boo-boo. I got a smudge of some adhesive on the acetate card on the lower left hexagon. :-( I had to cover it up, so I used the same antique gold powder to heat emboss two leafy images on some patterned paper. :-)
6. I added some iridescent Hearts & Stars Glitter that came with the SSS August 2015 card kit into the hexagons and sealed shut the back of my shaker with some doll pink cardstock from Sept kit.
7. On the left side of my sentiment “hi”, I tucked the two gold embossed leafy images. To balance it out, I cut out a little piece of one of the foam hexagons and adhered it to its right side. That way the sentiment does not look lopsided.
8. Lastly I adhered the sentiment piece and also drew a border with my gold marker pen to pull a little bit of the gold-theme on to the front panel.
Pink + Gold, I tell ya. :-)
Simon Says Clear Stamps OH HAPPY DAY sss101522 STAMPtember
Simon Says Stamp HAPPY DAY Wafer Dies sssd111475 STAMPtember
Simon Says Stamps and Dies Set MY FRIEND SetMY223 STAMPtember
PinkFresh Studio HAPPY THINGS 6×6 Inch Paper Pad PFSHAPPY6
PinkFresh Studio HAPPY THINGS ACETATE Cards 76004
Simon Says Stamp Card Stock 100# DOLL PINK DP17
Simon Says Stamp Card Kit of the Month September IT’S A CELEBRATION CKSept15