• Facebook
  • Instagram
  • Twitter
  • YouTube
  • Pinterest

Varada Sharma

Open Site Navigation

VS

Gratitude card by Kimberly

Hello! Kimberly here from Kimmieb16. I have been very fortunate to have the opportunity to play with the beautiful new releases here at Varada Sharma this month!!! My card today is a perfect example of when everything goes wrong, don’t give up…it can still work out in the end. This card is nothing like my intended outcome, but I love it so much more this way.




Key ingredients:

  1. Oh Deer, Gather Here, Mini Slimline Pumpkin Patch, and Words of Thanks stamp sets

  2. Gathered Twigs Distress Oxide

  3. Copic markers: Bird: R39, R29, R27, R24, E40, E41, E43 YR23 Deer: E30, E31, W0, W1, W3 Antlers: E57, E37 Pumpkins: Y38, Y36, y21, YR68, YR23 Stem: E59, E57, E35 Leaves: YG17, YG13 Acorn: E57, E37, E31 tops E59, E37

  4. Kraft cardstock

  5. Twine

  6. Rectangle dies


Steps:


1. I started out layering the images in Word. Unfortunately, I didn’t pay attention to where I put the sentiment and it was too high up for the slimline die I was planning to use. Even more unfortunate, I didn’t realize this until I had it all colored in.




2. So, I took another approach, I die cut it with a rectangle die for an A2 size card instead of a mini slimline. This worked out ‘almost’ perfectly. As you can see, I have some of the original sentiment on the top corner.




3. I decided I would find a way to cover that up after I finished the rest of the card. So, I put it to the side. I printed the wood slice image from the “Gather Here” kit on Kraft cardstock. I blended Gathered Twigs Distress Oxide around the outside of the panel.




4. Then, I die cut it with a rectangle die. I glued the outside that was cut off from the rectangle panel to the white card base and added foam tape to the main wood round panel. I attached the colored image panel to the wood round panel and then, my next boo-boo. When I tried to line up the center panel, I did not line it up exactly before accidentally holding it too close to the card base and the foam tape started to adhere on one side. This left a glaring gap between the top panel and the outside frame. Still determined to use what I had printed and not start over, I grabbed some twine and wrapped it around the panel that was popped up on foam tape. I tied a bow on the side that had the gap and that did the trick. Gap covered!



5. I decided to print the beautiful floral bunch image from the “Gather Here” kit small enough to fit in that top corner. I colored it, fussy cut it and voila! The image covered the red lettering from the sentiment perfectly! I finished off the card by foiling a sentiment from the “Words of Thanks” kit on a strip of black cardstock. I love how this turned out and I am so glad that I didn’t give up. It was so fun to try to find ways to make it work out.




These kits are so beautiful and work so well together. I hope I inspired you to find embellishment opportunities instead of starting over when a project doesn’t work out quite as intended. You may be really surprised with the results! Thank you so much for stopping by!


Kimberly



3 views0 comments