Magical Thanksgiving Week
Last few months have been crazy. Really. Work kept me and my project team in office for long hours. Tremendous pressure, discussions, meetings, development, testing and everything in between + beyond.
However in the end we did launch our project on the planned date. Yes, we were very encouraged by the response we got from users. So the outcome is very good. :)
Anyways, during all this time I felt like I was hardly seeing my little princesses and Mr C. I was working at my laptop when everyone woke up and more often than not I was either in office when they went to bed or I was working on my laptop at home. Not good-mommy days at all.
So when the project launched and I got breathing time I decided to take a todo-less vacation. No plans, no lists, nothing. Just pure family time.
Here’s what we did:
– Spent 3 days in a beautiful cabin at the majestic Smoky Mountains.
(Early morning view from our balcony)
– Did lots of fun activities at Pigeon Forge, Sevierville, Gatlinburg, TN
– Visited the Christmas Place, Hollywood wax museum, Ripley’s Aquarium etc
(The Christmas Place, Pigeon Forge)
(Hollywood Wax Museum, Pigeon Forge)
(Upside down house of Wonderworks, Pigeon Forge)
(Ripley’s Aquarium, Gatlinburg)
(Arts and Crafts Community, Gatlinburg)
– Returned home and shopped like crazy for princess D’s birthday (Thanksgiving and black Friday deals helped. We even got her a doll house! :D )
– Had a sleepover for one of kids’ friends (Janvi)
– Recorded songs in everyone’s voice (we almost did like an audition :D )
– Made paper christmas trees with kids
– Enjoyed movies like the Elf and Epic
– Played house with everyone including Mr. C :D
Hmmmm… Purely blissful, purely magical week. Total unwinding.
I was so very thankful for everything that Kanhaji did to make this week possible. I also thanked him for all the wonderful, extraordinary people He has brought in my life. My heart is so full of thanks for each and every one of you. I wish I could meet each one of you in person and tell you how grateful I am for you being you. For me it was really a heartfelt Thanksgiving time.
So, how did you guys celebrate Thanksgiving? Did you have fun? Were you able to catch some family time? I hope you all did too. Do let me know in the comments below… :)
Stay blessed, ~Varada