Tapestry with felt flowers
Hi friends, I have a different project to share today. It’s not a card – it is a wall decor project – an upcycled woven wall tapestry! I found them to be slightly out of budget for me ranging anywhere from simple ones at $35 to even $100+. So I created my own :-)
I started with a tapestry from five below
I created several felt flowers for this project. For the large ones, I followed this tutorial as my starting point and went with my own little improvisations for the petals etc. For the centers I used thin craft foam sheets from my stash. For the smaller flowers, I die cut several of them with Spellbinders Floral Four die set and layered them together. (Alreeady had this die set.) For the yellow and black centers, I used foam from my stash and the black felt sheet.
As for the other pieces, I had most of these things in my stash. The leaves were leftover from another project years ago. The ‘hello’ sticker came in one of the Spellbinders card kits. To accentuate it, I adhered it to a black banner which I fussy cut out of the black felt sheet. I also had a die cut butterfly that I had made for another project but ended up not using it. I adhered it so that it perches on one of the flowers.
Finally, just before hot gluing the floral design on top, I laid it out and felt that the loose hanging tassels in the middle were causing a distraction. So I braided them and tied each braid with a piece of yellow crochet thread.
The only thing I purchased was the black & white felt sheets (which cost me about $2.5) + the tapestry ($5). So for me the total cost was $7.5 only! :-)
Love how this turned out and how it looks on my wall. Upcycling something to add my special touch, just makes our home feel more ‘ours’. Hope you do give this idea a try and create something like this for your space too.
Happy Crafting! ~Varada