We, Chandhini and Subhashini, are excited to be on the blog to share the tutorial of the card we made for the hop yesterday.
We have made a heart shaped window card using Treasured Heart Flower Arrangement image from the new release. It’s a gorgeous and versatile stamp set. You can find individual flower and leaves images if you like to make your own arrangement and if you are someone like us who finds floral arrangement tricky, Varada got you covered with that too!
The main image has the arrangement around the heart and that was the starting point for this card. When we saw it, we thought how amazing it would be to add a photo beneath the heart. We are pleased with the way it has turned out! Read on to find out how we made this.
Now, coming to the step-wise tutorial.
1. You would need 2 copies of this image for this project. Color one of it and keep the other one uncolored. Now, fussy cut both the images. As we have used alcohol markers for coloring, we used additional layer to prevent the color showing on the other side of the window. If you use watercolor, you may skip this step.
2. Next, take a white cardstock 8*5 inches and score at 4 inch on the longer side and fold it to make the card base.
3. Take a heart die to cut out the heart shaped window. We chose appropriate heart die based on the size of the photo used.
4. Once you have decided the position of window and die, use a small piece of purple tape/ washi tape to secure it to the front of the card and run it through the die cut machine.
5. Cut pattern paper a little less than 4*5 inches and stick it on the inside of the card. We have used yellow pattern paper as it matched the card front. Now adhere the photo over the pattern paper in such a way that the yellow pattern shows up around the edges.
6. Now place the fussy cut floral image near one side of heart and once satisfied with the placement, adhere it using glue and ta..da.. your card is ready.
● White cardstock
● Coloring medium of choice
● Pattern paper of choice
● Heart die
● A photo that you wish to use
Thanks for stopping by.
Don’t forget to grab the freebie from the store to make a handmade card for your loved one. Valentine day or not, it's always a good idea to let your loved ones know you care about them. 😊